Wednesday 29 January 2014

I gave her my heart, she gave me a pen.

As mentioned before John Hughes could be considered the master of the 80's teen flick but he isn't the be all end all of this magnificent decade/genre match up. There are many 80's teen films out there that Mr Hughes had no involvement in and are right up there with the best of them.  Another person who wrote a couple of 80's teen films before making his directorial début with one (and a mighty fine one at that) was Cameron Crowe.

Cameron Crowe is responsible for writing the 80's teen film which contains a scene that made every single male in the 80's wear out their VHS tapes with constant rewinding. A scene where the ever so beautiful Phoebe Cates emerges out of a swimming pool in the infamous red bikini and then takes it off. The film I'm speaking about is of course:-

7) Fast Times At Ridgemont High







Cameron Crowe also wrote this severely underrated film. Most people I know have never heard of it, let alone seen it which is odd considering the great cast it has made up of people like Lea Thomson, Rick Moranis, Christopher Penn & Eric Stoltz.

8) The Wild Life




The final 80's teen movie which Cameron Crowe was involved in and was also his directorial debut is one of my personal favourites. Very well known for the John Cusack boombox scene where he is holding it above his head outside of Ione Skye's house with In Your Eyes by Peter Gabriel blasting out the speakers. I'd place this film in my top 3.

9) Say Anything





No comments:

Post a Comment